Uncovering High-End Cigars: An Easy Guide to Distinguishing Quality and Comparing Varieties
If you are a faithful follower of the cigar lifestyle or are an active member of our cigar club, you have already experienced various types of cigars and you know the points of difference between cigars and high eng cigars. But, let's take a moment to analyze what characteristics define or build a high end cigar.
In the vast and varied world of cigars, high-end cigars hold a place of both elitist allure and enigma. When talking about high end cigars, this term refers to quality, luxury, experience, top-quality tobacco, and impeccable craftsmanship. But what exactly constitutes high-end cigars? How do they stand out from the mass-market options? This guide seeks to answer these queries and provide a comprehensive understanding of high-end cigars.
High-end cigars, referred to as 'premium cigars', are smokes whose quality, rarity, and exquisiteness position them in the top echelons of the cigar industry. They are characterized by the elite selection of tobacco leaves, exceptional care during the curing and fermentation processes, meticulous attention to detail during rolling, and often, a significant aging period to reach optimum smoke quality.
High End Cigars vs Other Cigars - A Comparative Overview
Observed through a discerning lens, the distinctions between high-end cigars and their lower-end counterparts may be less visible, yet they are undoubtedly prominent at the granular level, mostly revolving around elements of quality, complexity of flavour, and overall smoking experience. Observe the compendium below to grasp the key differences.
|High-end Cigars||Other Cigars|
|Quality||Handrolled by highly skilled torcedores, often crafted with long-filler tobacco from reputed, well-aged harvests||Primarily machine-made, typically incorporating short filler or mixed-filler tobacco, with less emphasis on the age of the leaves|
|Complexity of Flavour||Delivers a complex and nuanced smoke, with a dynamic interplay of flavours and a well-balanced strength||The flavour profile and strength are typically more muted and less evolved, offering a more straightforward smoking experience|
|Smoking Experience||A careful confluence of quality, construction, complexity, and burn make for a luxurious, longer-lasting, and often transformative smoking experience||Although an enjoyable hassle-free experience for many, it lacks the intricacies, depth, and longevity offered by high-end counterparts|
Embarking on this exploration, you are not just purchasing a cigar; you are indulging in a culmination of tradition, craft, and sensory delight, which signifies the essence of high-end cigars. Understand that what awaits you is an enticing journey brimming with sophisticated flavours, rich heritage, and a marked exercise in self-indulgence.
My Cigar Pack Analyzes 5 Examples of High-End Cigars
There are varied options within this area, in terms of quantity, today My Cigar Pack brings you 5 recommendations:
- Alec Bradley Prensado: Rolled at Raices Cubanas (Cuban Roots) factory, the Prensado was first created to pay homage to the Cuban traditions of cigar making rolling the filler entuba-do, triple capping the head and box pressing the finished cigar.
- Diamond Crown Maximus: Hidden beneath a Ecuador el Bajo Sun Grown wrapper lies a rich blend of aged Dominican tobaccos that provide a robust, balanced, and flavorful smoke thanks to the skilled hands of the Fuente family who produce them for JC Newman.
- Oliva Serie V Melanio: Serie V Melanio was a revision in honor of Oliva’s founder that met critical acclaim upon release and has asserted its dominance ever since. Crafted with a Nicaraguan Blend under an Ecuadorian Wrapper, Serie V Melanio gives off intense flavors of sweet coffee, leather, and wood.
- Arturo Fuente Don Carlos: the Don Carlos is a recreation of Carlos Fuente Sr. preferred blend dressed lavishly in an authentic wrapper from Cameroon and blended with pure aged Dominican tobaccos, a series of sweet notes of caramel and toasted sugar balance an evolution of predominant flavors of walnut, earth and pepper.
- My Father: With a mood set by its hybrid Ecuador Habano Rosado/Criollo wrapper, My Father No. 5, hosts a gamut of full-bodied coffee, caramel, wood, and spicy notes by way of its meticulously-blended long filler tobaccos from Nicaragua.
We hope that our recommendations are the answer to your search for experiences. We know that there are many others that you may want to try, these examples are only a small part that does not take away any value from the other brands or diminish the experience, so do not limit yourself within the options!
Interested in reading and learning more about cigars? Check out our blog
Determined to join this lifestyle and looking for information? check out our complete cigar guide for beginners and aficionados
Join Cigar Yard rewards program (With more ways to unlock exciting perks, this is your all access pass to exclusive rewards.)
Looking where to start the cigar lifestyle? start with us! You can see our collection, accesories & you can also join the MCP Cigar Club! We offer a variety of memberships for anyone who experiences the cigar lifestyle. Be sure to check them out and see which one best suits your needs.